Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Clinging to God's Promise



I saw this image earlier in Facebook which was shared by my cousin.  What immediately came to mind is the verse from the book of Jeremiah (29:  11-14) that goes like this:  

"For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe, plans to give you a future full of hope.  When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you.  When you look for me, you will find me.  Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you, says the Lord, and I will change your lot, I will gather you together from all the nations and all the places to which I have banished you, says the Lord, and bring you back to the place from which I have exiled you."

This verse is one of the more popular verses of the Bible.  I am not surprised at all with that because people who have reached the end of the rope will cling on to even a flicker of hope.  Just by reading it will put a damper to an episode of hopelessness.  I am no different from other people.  I, too, like to escape from the pits of despair.  Just thinking that there is a God who knows what's best for me and that He won't allow me to fall and fail, immediately lifts my spirit up.

So when everything else doesn't seem right, cling on to His promise.  Read Jeremiah 29: 11-14.




No comments:

Post a Comment